To import your entries from Day One Classic, follow the following steps.
1. On your Mac, open Day One Classic and navigate to Preferences\Backup tab.
2. Click on the Backup folder icon where your backup files are stored. If you have changed this folder location, you might see a different folder name here instead of "Backup".
Clicking on this icon will open the Backup folder in Finder.
3. Sort the files located in the backup folder and pick the latest backup file. Copy this file into a temporary folder.
Note: Verify that the zip file contain entries and photos folder directly within the root path of the zip. If you see another file called Journal.dayone, then following the below steps:
3.1 Create a fresh folder called "Journal_dayone". You can create this anywhere in your file system.
3.2 Copy the entries and photos folders from the backup file location to the above Journal_dayone folder.
3.3 Now, try to import from Dyrii and point to the Journal_dayone folder.
4. Open the Dyrii app and click on "Import to Dyrii" option from File Menu.
5. On the popup file picker screen, navigate to the folder path where you copied the backup file.
Alternatively, you can also select the "Journal_Dayone" folder instead of the .zip file. The import process supports both.
6. Select the .zip file or the "Journal_Dayone" folder and click Open. This will initiate the import process.
If you have large data to import, it might take few minutes for the import process to finish. Be patient and wait for the progress bar to finish.
If you are trying to import from DayOne v2 instead of DayOne Classic, then read this article - Migrating from DayOne v2.
If your zip file or folder doesn't work, then validate that it contains the following two folders inside it:
If it does not contain these folders and instead contains another file for example "Journal.dayone", then do the following:
- Create a fresh folder called "Journal_dayone". You can create this anywhere in your file system.
- Copy the entries and photos folders from the backup file location to the above Journal_dayone folder.
- Now, try to import from Dyrii and point to the Journal_dayone folder.
If you are still having issues, please leave a comment below or email us at email@example.com